Lethe Press is seeking submissions for its 2017 Best Gay Stories anthology.
The project will be edited by Joe Okonkwo whose evocative debut novel Jazz Moon we covered in a recent interview.
As with past volumes of their Best Gay Stories series, Lethe Press is seeking quality works of fiction, creative non-fiction, and essays that capture gay life in its entirety and range and complexity.
Selected authors will be paid for their submissions.
Deadline: March 15, 2017
- We seek manuscripts that are a minimum of 45,000 words but no more than 135,000 words (and we are very, very selective on submissions more than 100,000 words).
- We are primarily interested in queer speculative fiction. That is our specialty. We are willing to read and consider other genres (however, we have more resources to apply to such titles).
- Currently we are only interested in reading poetry manuscripts for our Tincture imprint.
- When submitting, please email to Steve Berman (at firstname.lastname@example.org) a synopsis of your ms. and the first three chapters as a RTF file or MS Word document. Please include a cover letter (you may list previous publications) and give us a sense why you have chosen to submit to Lethe Press.
- Obviously we will not consider any title that has a negative perspective of LGBT individuals.
- Please allow us 120 days to respond to your query; we do not consider simultaneous submissions.
We hope to have a cogent African representation when the anthology comes out. So: submit!
Good luck everyone!